Friday, July 2, 2010

A Lovely Morning

What were the components of my lovely morning?

1) My mother-in-law

2) Garage sales

3) Bargain books :)

4) Coffee and a cinnamon roll biscuit

5) Good conversation

How did they combine?

Well, Mom and I headed out about 8:45ish to find some bargains...me toting my one dollar bill and $4.50 in quarters! After hitting a few spots we found ourselves in a Jewish part of town. Let me tell you, those houses in that area are BEAUTIFUL! We found a little cafe of sorts and decided to stop in and see what they had. What we found was delicious! The specialize in biscuits and we shared the cinnamon roll version. Mom settled in with an Amercano coffee and I with their "dangerous monkey." YUM! We found a couple more garage sales where mom bought a super cheap aluminum camera tripod in great condition for someone at Singing Hills.

Speaking of the place, that's where we went next for a quick stop. While Mom finished up some stuff there I hopped into the world of "An American Peeress" by H. C. Chatfield-Taylor...one of the books I bought. Oh, by the way, most of the books I bought today were from the late 1800's! :)

After Singing Hills, we were off to more garage sales...we didn't really find much and decided to call it a day. And what a day it was!

1 comment:

  1. We are having a garage sale this next week on Sat. It's Francesville town wide sale. So you are more then welcome to come to it HA HA. Jerry and I will be in colorado with some friends of ours(chuck and Rita Hodel)We are leaving July 20th and staying for two weeks. We are hoping to come to church one of those sundays. I'll let you know when the time get closer.

    ReplyDelete