Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sew...it's February

And I haven't blogged in a long time! Ooops.
*My husband informed me that he was going to write about Valentine's Day (!) so...I guess we'll all have to wait for that!

But on to today. As I'm off this whole week, (Brady is on vacation) I've had time to try some projects. I've started an apron...but haven't finished it yet. It's coming.

But, I finally tried the art of fabric yo-yo making. Seriously, what took me so long?!?!?!?!

They are SO fun and cute! So I spruced up my new/old journal (I've only had it about 5 years). And made a few hair accessories.

Good ol' bobbies
Here's a great website for learning to make yo-yo's:

http://heatherbailey.typepad.com/photos/how_to_make_a_yoyo/hbyoyotutorial1.html

Sorry, you're going to have to cut and paste the site.

Hair clips

Hot glue works quite nicely....add a little more to the outside of the material in order to add a "non-slip" feature.
Pollyanna was a companion during these projects. I've been listening to it via books on tape. If anyone hasn't read it, I'd suggest it! If nothing else, it really challenged me to find the positives in life. In everything. Pollyanna makes it a game...called the "being glad" game. The harder and more awful the circumstance, the more fun the game! The challenge of finding something positive in a hard situation made Pollyanna "so glad!". Somehow she reminded me of how we Christians should be conducting ourselves. We, of all people, have so much to be glad about! In the story, you will find many people who are depressed, angry, and bitter, because they are only looking at how terrible their circumstance is. Pollyanna, aided by her bright personality, wiggles herself into people's hearts and encourages them to try the game. Interestingly enough, those who were once bitter, became happy and "so glad!". Shouldn't I be the same?

7 comments:

  1. Cute Cute, I think you've inspired me to make some. The bobby pins are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Tess. The bobby pins are ADORABLE! Your so good at that kid of stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute of course:). Glad you posted as its been awhile, BUT then I have NO ROOM to talk do I?!!!
    Im waiting dan...sure want to hear about Vday:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such talent you have. Love them!! I think I need to invest in a hot glue gun. Keep sharing all the other pretty things you make. Loveya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love these!! Makes me want to be crafty and make some of my own. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally had no idea what a yo-yo was... does that mean I am too old for them?? I LOVE them though.. I think you inspired me to try them out.... only if I am indeed NOT too old for them : )

    ReplyDelete