Friday, February 17, 2012

Ayiti Cheri: Pati-1

Haiti!

Ah...one of my home sweet homes! The day after Christmas, Dan and I flew to Newark, NJ overnighted, then headed to Haiti the next day! We met up with Gene & Sherri and their 5 handsome sons! We had a wonderful week with them before they returned to the states. Dan and I stayed a couple more days for some added family time. The time was so jammed packed that I'll just use pictures to tell the tale!


At the CRP-the Cancer Redemptoin Project. Zach Bertch from Bluffton, IN is dealing with cancer and wanted to use his cancer as a tool to get the word out about needs in Haiti for Loving Shepherd Ministries. This site is the result of the word getting out! The site will have room for animals and Homes of Hope are already getting built! These homes will house many needy little children.

I think my bros LOVED having their buddies come and visit!
One of the Homes of Hope
What a fantastic view!
These children are going to be new residents to a Home of Home in Cavaillon, a town 20ish minutes from my parents. This was a beautiful service where the new parents and children are prayed for and brought together as a new family. 
We older kids enjoyed having our buddies around too!
Lots of riding around like so...
What a great couple of guys! :)
On Friday we went to the beach with Shane Shaw and his group of guys that work with him on LSM's Ranch. It was a New Year's celebration.

The brother-in-laws chomping on some sugar cane!

Best friends...:) It was so special to have them together again!
I got to hold Del and Jiray's (sp) baby Jidel! (sp?) what a cute chunk! :)
After that beach adventure we headed over to the Wrays camp to spend the rest of the day! My great friends Tim and Christie were visiting from Canada...it was SOOO good to see them again and get caught up!

Eric and Quinn

Tim showing us wind surfing is done...

  
Yay!
Dan trying! Good job babe!
 Sherri and Quinn...he has grown up so much!
What a lovely afternoon with some of my favorite people!
The Wray's camp
What a goober!
Oops...BOTH sets of keys got locked in the car! The guys worked on it for a while with no luck. Thankfully Mom remembered where another set was at our house and Chrisophe graciously drove them out to us!
After a delicious dinner by Debbie Wray we settle in for some blow dart war!
Get 'em Gener-Beaner!

Action!
Three against the rest: Dad, Tim and Rod!
Did I mention that I love this girl?!??!?!
We can always fit one more! (Just for the record...we weren't all in there! Mom drove the Suburban!)
Too cute!
The three oldest: Eric, Kirk, and Brock...I think they liked the Jeep...just saying...:)
My mommy :)


Good ol' sis time! Watching the guys work! 
 Work on the gazebo that is! Go boys go! 
They worked so hard and did a great job!! 
All that work deserves a beach day right?!?!
 Off we go! 
The other best friends...:) I think they enjoyed being together again!



Alisha...pro photographer!
Derek Alan...FULL of energy!
Eric! It was so fun being with him again!
Quinn and Gene busting through waves!
Dan's amazing Frisbee throw!
 :)
 The close of a beautiful day! Ah beach...I already miss thee...

Part two to come! (There are too many pictures!)

5 comments:

  1. yeah, finally!! Ive been wanting to see some haiti pictures and my dear dear cousins again! Looks like a wonderfully fun time with sweet friends!! Glad you had an enjoyable time!

    Love you much! AND looking forward to part 2...don't take to long in posting it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you had lots of fun! So glad you were able to see Christie. I love the pic of Alisha and her camera! The beach looks amazing and I'm wishing I was there too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess, how fun! I was hoping you had posted some pictures of Haiti- such beautiful scenery! Seeing you in the pics made me sad though...I miss you!! :( Thanks thanks thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic time was had by all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete