Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Additions and Projects

I recently filled the flower pot my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday! I have always wanted a hydrangea plant...and now I have one thanks to the gift certificate she gave me! Thanks mom!

Since spring is around the corner I decided it was time to spruce up the place a bit. Flower pots were so expensive so I went to the second hand store and got some tea cups. Founds some pansies to go inside! :)

And since I found the flower shop....I couldn't resist getting some herbs. I think garden shops could be detrimental to my financial health!

Oregano, Basil, and Chives


Dan and I are so excited to have FINALLY complete a project that has been in the works for over a month! I found a wall map on sale online about a month ago and upon realizing how expensive buying a frame was, we decided to make one. So off to Home Depot we went and picked out the perfect trim pieces for the job. Let me tell you, 45degree angles just weren't our thing that day. But eventually it got made. And stained...and we didn't like it. So a couple weeks later we opted to paint it and then instead of dry mounting it ourselves (probably just as expensive), we got it done at Hobby Lobby. And just a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying a piece of glass 49 1/2 inches by 31 1/2 inches....GOOD LUCK! We went without.

But it is now hung...and it looks beautiful! Props to my dear husband for all his patience with this project!!! He did a fabulous job! And we made lots of memories in the process!


The Finished Product!

7 comments:

  1. Map looks good!! I love the idea of using tea cups as flower pots. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you have to drill a hole in the bottom of these tea cups to drain out the water so it doesn't sit in the dirt and start to stink?? Maybe you don't have to and its just something I thought all plants needed:). Im not that great with plants as you can tell....but I sure do love your idea. So creative.
    Speaking of Hobby Lobby and framing....I know RIGHT where you are coming from...we got the picture above our bed framed 50% off at HL and we still paid more for it than the picture itself....Ok...ALOT MORE than the picture itself. Its rediculous!! Love your map picture though...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't drill holes...I am careful to NOT over water though! I know! The frame was 50% off and still SOOOOO expensive! Dan was like, "haha...yeah right." It would have been different if it wasn't so huge...but since its so big....obviously $$$$$

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'm sure you'll enjoy cooking with the fresh herbs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Tess and Dan. Love the tea cups and flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with everyone else, I'm a little envious of your tea cups:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your white tea cups! Great idea Miss Creative! Your doing amazing decorating your home:)

    ReplyDelete