Thursday, April 1, 2010

Well, maybe not...

This morning I got up early and headed out at about 6:30am for my first day at my new nanny job. I arrived a couple minutes early and rang the doorbell. The Dad came to the door with a puzzled look on his face...but still invited me in. I was thinking, "Ok, so they forgot I was coming today." "My wife didn't call you?" he asked. Nope. She didn't. Short story shorter, the Brazilian nanny that they had before must have renewed her work visa and thus didn't have to leave. They just forgot to call me. I got back home just as Dan was leaving for work. I think I scared the poor boy! He wasn't expecting me home! I did receive a very apologetic email from the Mom then. They both felt so bad! So...there's no hard feelings but I am not too excited about trying to find another job. But, God's got to have something up His sleeve! I know He'll provide.

But on to more exciting things...

It has been so nice here! We have been taking advantage of it! Last Sunday a group of us from church (and Doug and Kary Mangers who were visiting) headed over to a school near us for outside games. Dan and I are excited to find this place as it has a nice sand volleyball court! After working up a sweat we went to Mom and Dad Lemans for homemade pizza! Yummm!
Monday, I played my first game of real golf. Fred and Dan finally persuaded me into going. And, I actually liked it! My score was pretty lousy but I did get par on one hole! Of course Dan and Fred did great...though I'm sure they'd try and convince you otherwise. :)

It's hard to believe that Easter is already upon us! The sun is shining and the other day I saw some robins! Just as green grass and early flowers are springing up around us it reminds me of the joy and fresh beginning of a soul coming to the Lord. Dan and I have a friend who recently started repenting. How exciting to have someone come to know the One who died for us!!! I love this song and I think it is so fitting for the Easter time:
 O sacred Head, now wounded,
with grief and shame weighed down,
now scornfully surrounded
with thorns, thine only crown:
how pale thou art with anguish,
with sore abuse and scorn!
How does that visage languish
which once was bright as morn!

What thou, my Lord, has suffered
was all for sinners' gain;
mine, mine was the transgression,
but thine the deadly pain.
Lo, here I fall, my Savior!
'Tis I deserve thy place;
look on me with thy favor,
vouchsafe to me thy grace.

What language shall I borrow
to thank thee, dearest friend,
for this thy dying sorrow,
thy pity without end?
O make me thine forever;
and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never
outlive my love for thee.
Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about you this morning. Wondering how your new job was going and if you post about your first day on the job. Thanks for posting but sooo very sorry about what happened. Thats got to be a bummer. You are right though, God will provide another one. It's been so nice here too. I LOVE this weather. I'm sure it would look better if I could see mountains out my window:) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh shoot....sorry about the fall thru on the job...but INDEED God has something up his sleeve and its going to be so much better than that particular nanny job:). Ahh doug and kary....great couple huh!! Cute kids too.
    We are enjoying our weather as well...shorts and a tank today!! Boys out helping nick build the treehouse.
    Miss you girl and love you!

    ReplyDelete