Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What a Surprise!

Friday evening: Dan and I were at a couple's house (from church) enjoying dessert and coffee. Dan gets a phone call and afterwords motions to me that we need to go. When we get to the car, he tells me that a man in church (who often needs a ride from the airport after business trips) was in need of a ride. So off we go to the airport...yeah, at 9 at night. We get there and after some confusion as to where to pick him up, we finally get the right spot. And there, instead of the man, was two of my very dear friends from Francesville! AH!!!!! I was so surprised! Melissa Edwards and Dani Wuethrich were standing there smiling at the look on my shocked face. After multiple hugs and "what are you doing here?!!??!" we headed home. My husband did a fabulous job keeping this from me. He even had the air mattress borrowed from his parents! :)So thus started a wonderful long weekend. Since pictures are worth a thousand words, I'll opt to share a photo story of sorts to describe our weekend.

Friday:
We stayed up late talking the first night! So much to catch up on! The poor girls were definitely feeling the two hour time change!


Saturday:
We woke up to clouds and rain Saturday morning. But we still decided to head to the mountains! Sure glad we did! It was sunny and warm up there! It was Dani and Mel's first time to CO so we had fun showing them the mountains! Spent most of the day up there!

:)
We went off-roading in Dan's little Cavalier! So much muscle so little car...haha. We were able to see some amazing views!
Dan, thanks for spending the day with us! For driving us around, for taking all those pictures, for buying lunch! ;)
The snow is melting! Spring is beginning to slowly touch the mountains!
Two beautiful friends
After romping around the mountain tops, we went to a quaint little mining town, Idaho Springs, for lunch! Turns out, its kind of a historical town.
Aboard an old train.

This day was packed! After a late lunch, we headed downtown where we killed time looking at shops and old bookstores until meeting Dan's brother Jake and a friend, Tucker, for dinner. We were so full that we just got dessert.


After dinner we all went to our apartment and played games. Two girls from church also came over.
Since I served lunch the next day we got busy making scotcheroos and chicken salad! I really appreciated the girls' and Dan's help!


Sunday:
A chilly game of volleyball after church

Dinner at Jake's (Sunday pm) Hamburgers and grilled veggies!
Tyler (a friend of ours who recently started repenting)

Monday:
Monday mostly consisted of SHOPPING! It was fun to go shopping with some good buds! We had our share of fun! ;)
When we got home we went on a walk. During it, Dan called and asked if we wanted to go bowling...sure! So Fred joined us for a few games.
Fred demonstrating his "bone saw". I think he just got a strike!
I think the girls liked the socks Dan grabbed from home for them!
I'm sure you're getting the feeling that we had a packed yet very fun weekend! It was such a good surprise. A good pick me up. They had read my previous blog about missing farm equipment and brought me a little toy tractor, disc, and trailer! We had good talks and many laughs. You know, its amazing how you can go for months without seeing people you love and then, when you're together, its like you were never separated. Thanks so much girls for coming!!! I had a wonderful time with you...and many good memories! Let's keep making them!!!

4 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! Ive been dying to see this post:). I was so excited when I heard they were coming your way. Im so glad you were surprised!! Looks like you had such an amazing time with those two awesome girls!! GOOD JOB DAN for pulling it off!! I love you tess:)
    hee heee...that is funny they brought you farm equipment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like you had a blast!! I was just tickeled pink when Melissa told me the Sunday before that they were coming. It coincided so well with your "sort of lonesome" blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a GOOD time with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a blast!! So glad that they got to come see you. bet it was fun to be surprised like that:)

    ReplyDelete