Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thunderstorms

We've had several thunderstorm/rains lately. It sure has reminded me a lot of the Midwest! The smell of rain often takes me back to summers in Francesville! So, I've been missing my family some lately. Here's a picture in case you too have forgotten what they look like! I sure can't wait to see them again!
L to R: Dan, Mark, Me, Derek, Dad, Brett, Mom, Joel, and Alisha.
I've also been reminded of all the fun times with family and friends on the lake in past summers.

Oh yeah...remember that 4th of July...try number two! Silly rain.

Hmmm...so maybe I've been a bit nostalgic lately. I could stand to see some farm equipment and hear talk of planting. Goodness, I'd even offer to pick up some rocks! :) Ok, maybe not. But nonetheless, I am really excited to see what a Colorado summer is like! Dan and I are hoping to head up to the mountains this Saturday! (A love of mine!)

Speaking of loves...
Dan made me supper last night! We had bacon, mushroom and tomato melts. They were really good!
Enjoying the product along with some fresh mint tea

Last week, Dan put up the finch feeder I got for my birthday. A week later, the little birdies finally found it! :) I have had both male and female red and yellow finches visit. For a job update. Last Monday I had another nanny interview. It is a single dad with three children: Boy: 8, girl: almost 6, and boy: almost 4. They are high energy but really sweet kids. They were there during the interview and I noticed that they did obey well and were just good natured kids. And they are smart! The oldest (going to be third grade) asked...ok, pretty much begged his dad for a division or multiplication problem. "Just one that will keep me thinking," he said! The job doesn't start til July but it would be 3 days a week...occasionally up to 5 days. So, we'll see what happens! Dan continues to get pretty good hours and just recently bought books for the summer semester which starts June 6.

I see its clouding up again and I just heard thunder. The ironing and laundry's done...maybe I'll go find my book!

Quoting my dad...
"Until next time....over and out!"
Ps...and as an added adventure...there is now a tornado watch and warning! Just listen to those sirens.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could head up to the mountains for a day, I'm so jealous!

    As for talk of planting, I've heard more than enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there is something neat about the smell of rain. Frannyville is missing you and so am I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh sweet tess....you ENJOY your day in the mountains:). I know you will have a fun time!!

    I never realized how much I missed planting either....being home around farms with the crops going in...it really is a neat thing. When you live away from it Dani...you soon realize how great it is:). Oh wait....why would I tell you that...we DO NOT want you to MOVE AWAY!!!
    Miss you tons tess. Keep posting pictures of dan and you...i just love seeing your face.
    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me cry. I remember those day when I moved away from home. My heart just ached for them.(my family) Then my girls moved and it stared all over again. But with time it got better. Love you and sounds like we will see you in Aug.(good dill)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tess--finally got back on your blog and enjoyed reading about the happenings as I haven't seen you on IM lately. We miss you too!

    ReplyDelete