Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Farewell Ol' Friend

Yep. Her.

I realized that I haven't updated everyone on my car situation! Well, when I was back in Indiana I started hearing this rattle in the rear passenger side of my car. No biggie, I thought, probably just the muffler loose. As Dan and I were driving it to Colorado, it started shaking BAD at certain speeds. It has since kept the rattle and the shaking. About a month ago I got a flat. Dan watched and coached ( so I could get some hands on learning) as I put on the little doughnut. Off to the auto man...used and trusted by Dan's family.

The diagnosis: (forgive my girl lingo here...I don't really know what's wrong with it!) Something is wrong with the wires to the spark plugs, the transmission fluid was like mud, the serpentine belt has got some problem, and I have a broken/breaking strut. He estimated a price that we weren't sure was worth fixing it for.

But amongst all the bad news he did fix my tire for free!

So, since we'd be putting into the car about what it is worth...and since it is already drinking more oil than it should be...We decided to get a new car. New to us that is.

Mexico here we come! Joel, Dan's brother, has a Jeep Cherokee that he is wanting to sell. It's an older Jeep but in good condition. Dan and I are heading down Thursday (yeah, in two days!) to get it and drive it back. Dan found really cheap tickets and we are really looking forward to seeing Joel and Kristi and their boys! We'll probably start driving back up Monday or Tuesday.

It will be kind of hard to see my car go! Before me, it belonged to my aunt Joan. I have many memories driving to and from Lafayette as a little girl with her (and Bridgett or Max) ;) But we are looking forward to having a 4-wheel drive vehicle for the mountains!

2 comments:

  1. This is WEIRD....I just got back from picking up Elijah from Basketball and Football Camp at school and the entire way we talked about driving. He mentioned he was excited to drive and we started talking about cars. We even talked about your teal car...cause I was explaining how I once owned a teal car and now tess has one...etc....
    and to think you Don't actually have it anymore. Guess I'll go tell Elijah:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that the mountains are ready for Dan to be cut loose in them in a jeep : )

    ReplyDelete