Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Darlin!

Dan turns 21 today! :) Happy Birthday my love!

Yep, this stud muffin :)
My dearest Dan, I love you! Have a wonderful 21st birthday! I hope to celebrate many more birthdays with you to come!!!

I was replying to a friends email yesterday. She had mentioned something about marriage and husbands and it got me thinking about my husband. First off, it made me tremendously thankful. Thankful that I have a godly husband and that we have a good marriage. I'm thankful that God orchestrated our union and that he knew what was best for us all along. The thought struck me that God rejoices in Christ-centered marriages...that he rejoices when a couple loves and treasures each other. The same goes for the church. When its members love and respect one another, God rejoices. This convicts me...I need to make sure that I am being a promoter of peace and love!

Monday night we got back from a weekend in Oregon. 9 of us loaded up into a Suburban for the long trip! On the way there we took the long way and hit Montana, Idaho, and Washington before getting to Oregon. Yep...21 hours worth! It was beautiful scenery but we were glad to get out. Saturday we went to the beach with a bunch of people and we got to see whales!!!! It was pretty exciting. The wedding was beautiful and we met some wonderful people. Sunday night, we headed back...taking the short route this time...only 18 hours and one person less. Needless to say, we were, again, VERY ready to get out of the car!! But God was faithful and provided us with a safe trip!

Well, until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. wow! You guys have been doing some traveling. You're not going to know what to do with yourselves when you have free time:) To be honest though, do as much as you can now because once the kids start....traveling doesn't happen much:)Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like joy might be speaking from experience:). Tess, you really are doing some traveling...how fun!! Something nick and I never really got to do without kids but we look forward to when we do get to.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!! Not really sure he check's his facebook page...but I sang to him on it(in words of course). Better go mark down his birthday on my calendar so he can get a card from us next year:).
    Love ya bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel and Tess,
    Joy said I could check your blog through her blog page. I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what is happening in Colorado. We want to wish your special man a very, happy birthday from both of us!

    Our love and prayers,
    John and Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Tess, travel when you can. Cause when kids come that stops.Sorry I missed Dan Birthday yesterday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN and many more.

    ReplyDelete