Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happenings...

I realized it's been a while since I've blogged. Maybe its because I've been too lazy...maybe because we've been busy! Of course I forgot my camera so...a pictureless post. :(

A few highlights of this past week:

1) Monday and Tuesday: Dan and I worked at his Mom and Dad's...painting and taking up tack strips and removing the trim. Its a good job for us and we enjoy working together!

2) Thursday we enjoyed dinner at Mom and Dad Lemans. There were some young guests in town so about 12 of us gathered in their beautiful outside shelter (Mom has so many beautiful plants!) for grilled brats...compliments of Dad's grilling skills.

3) Friday night Dan and I took a couple young guys from church bowling.

4) Saturday: Dan and I trek to the mountains! We enjoyed four-wheeling in the jeep and found the perfect spot to picnic! Dan took his little camp stove and we cooked up some sausages and enjoyed God's beautiful creation! Went to a graduation open house after we got home. Then to Mom and Dad Leman's again for supper. There were two couples (Mick & Delores Hill and Fred & Connie Domka) visiting from Mansfield Ohio. Since Grandma Leman hasn't been feeling 100% lately, we offered to host one of the couples. After dinner and talk we took Fred and Connie Domka (minister from Mansfield) to our apartment for the night. They also spent Sunday night with us.

5) Monday (Memorial Day) some of us from the Denver YG spent the day with some of the Sister Church folks from Colorado Springs. We played volleyball, and ate amazing food (those eastern Europeans sure know how to cook!) Oh yeah, got a bit sunburned too!

Dan works today 6am to 5pm. We're thankful he got some good hours this week! A job update for me...I found a nanny job that is for 4 or so time a month. I'll be working two times a week, two weeks out of the month. I figure its something! I start the 14th of June. 15-month-old girl...adorable!

Oh, funny story. Last night I'm dreaming away and I can feel myself turning over in my sleep. Suddenly, Dan (in real life) is grabbing me and saying, "Tess! Are you alright? You were kicking and thrashing around like crazy! It was like you were having a seizure! Are you ok!?!" "Yeah," I groggily replied. "I was just turning over!" Maybe I was....I don't know if he was dreaming or if I was really kicking. I just remember falling back to sleep praying, "Oh Lord! I don't want to start having seizures! Please God...don't let me get seizures!"

Blessings to you all on the week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. always great to read your updates:). You two sure do stay busy. Mountain picnic sounds great. Hope you can find some more relaxing dreams to dream:).

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear what you've been up to, I agree with Sandra, you sure keep busy!! :-)
    Love you and looking forward to Aug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love hearing how things are going. I agree with sandra and Joan you do keep busy.but that is good. My brother and sister in law is coming to christy schmidts wedding. I told them to look you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we are busy! There is a balance...but I find being more busy than not helps with homesickness.
    Great! I'll look forward to seeing them A. Janice!

    ReplyDelete