Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Greens and Things

These delicious morsels accompanied us...
For this: a game of Backgamon!
I found this leather set at a garage sale..pretty much new for $2. Dan patiently went through the directions and we learned how to play! I remember playing it as a kid with my mom when when we went camping but alas, the rules had escaped me.

Mom L. and I recently shared a 25# box of green beans. Jeff Reinhard (Tim R. brother) works at a Organic food company and when they have too much produce and have to move it quickly we have the chance to buy it at a reduced price. (see also the cherries above)
This was my first time blanching on my own!
Hmmm...and this is even somewhat organized! Thanks to Mom L. for space in her deep freeze!

Dan and I are planning a short backpacking/camping trip this Thursday-Saturday. We're really looking forward to it. Haven't been to the mountains in a while and its warm enough to camp. I'm realizing how little you can take when everything goes on your back! I'm sure there will be a post after we get back. :)

4 comments:

  1. Jeff sent 3 bags of cherries home with me after the singing on Saturday...I got a grand total of 8 good ones : \

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy...bing cherries are so good. And those blanched green beans look like they could hit the spot too:). Have fun backpacking and camping!! Enjoy as when you have kids its not quite as easy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun time camping, will look forward to seeing it on your blog. Was nice to visit with you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks kiddo for update!! Backgammon...dad and I played that when we did not have kiddos!! Fun game..we'll have to have a tourney when we all get together. Those beans look wonderful...you make me proud! Have a great camping trip. I am sure Dan has some great views to share! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete