Thursday, August 5, 2010

See Mama? It Worked!

I grew up on delicious homemade 100% whole-wheat bread. I'll admit, growing up, I hated when it was my time to make the bread...and probably did my best to get out of it! I finally got my mom's recipe and decided to make my own. Since I don't have a Bostch (the powerful mixer) Mom and I were worried it wouldn't turn out right. Well, ta-da! It did! It's probably not as fluffy as my mom's but it still raised well and tastes delish! I'm glad I halved the recipe...there is no way I would have liked to kneed any more by hand!

But thanks again Mom! (She's probably laughing right now...thinking of all those times she told me one day I'd want to make my own whole-wheat bread and I said, "No way!" Guess we all grow up sometime!)

All raised up and ready to bake
All done!
A little butter rub on top for a nice crispy crust

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. Now all you will have to do is teach this to your girls!!:) Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. I am actually staying in F'ville the same week you are. Good times are coming around the corner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah baby! Francesville, here we come! :) Oh, and Joy, FYI I don't have any girls! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, thats funny! I forgot to add...when you have them that is!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks pretty good. Im not a whole wheat fan, but I don't mind it in breads:).
    Can't wait to see you soon!!!

    GOOD JOB GIRLIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Mine don't even turn out that well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made some wheat loaves today. And they weren't as pretty as yours. And I got jealous. Think Dan would move out here if I hired you to work for me?:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks super yummy!!! I just love whole wheat bread!! Can't wait to see you, soon!!!

    ReplyDelete