Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Train of Pianos

This past weekend was a BIG one! A large group of young people came representing: Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Oregon, and California! Fred Leman's fiance was among the visitors and it was great to spend some time with Jodi! She and Fred's little sister stayed with Dan and I.

A picture of the happy couple...so in love :)
To be wed: November 7
Friday, after chilling at Tif's house, we went downtown for supper and just absorbed some of the city for a while.

These drummers were amazing!

So, about those pianos. All over downtown on the 16th Street Mall there are lots of beautifully painted pianos! One of my favorite parts of the day was wandering around from piano to piano with my sweet husband. Dan's verdict on those pieces of art: They're just that...pieces of art and don't rate so high in instrument quality. I think the weather has done a lot to them...but they were still beautiful and Dan can make even a clunker sing.




Dan was playing this (the best sounding of all) when a bridal party and their photographer came up and asked if they could have it for pictures...just when he found a decent one! Oh well.



After the downtown experience, everyone came over to our apartment. I guess I better tell you that there were two groups that came...and the other group came on Saturday so we didn't have EVERYONE smooshed into our little place!

Yup, I finally learned how to play Settlers of Catan!


It was a lovely weekend but a very tiring one as well. Monday morning Dan and I both had to work early and let me tell you, we both suffered from a case of the Monday blues! The lady I work for now knows that I like coffee and the mornings I work early she makes extra and leaves me half a pot! So appreciated!!

Today is Tuesday, That means that in one week and 2 days we'll be headed to Indiana! I don't think I could rightly write my excitement! :) :) :)

4 comments:

  1. AHH settlers of catan...its about time you learn:). Nick and I have been playing it all week actually. I can never beat him and finally after 6 games I won!! We have played a total of 8 games and I have won 2 of them. We love that game and play to 12 when its just us two playing. Will have to bring it along to TN:).
    Now as for you coming to Indiana....I can't write the excitment down either:). I know you get to see your mom and dad and siblings and Im sure that is SUPER EXCITING!! We look forward to seeing you and dan and spending time with you.
    Love you!!

    PS...we are excited that Lish is coming boating with us this saturday!! YIPPEEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom mentioned alisha's boating trip with you guys today on the phone! Sounds like fun! I'm sure she's super excited! SEE YOU SOON!!!!

    ps. and yes, to settlers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pianos are amazing! Can't wait to see you in 1 week and 1 day! Safe travels:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm sure looking forward to see you too!! Your little brother Joel is looking forward to seeing you...thought it was so cute at the airport when he asked about Tess and Dan. He just knew you were missing!

    ReplyDelete