Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halfhearted?

I ran into this quote the other day:

"If absence makes the heart grow fonder, some people ought to love their church greatly."

I found it rather convicting. I don't think its only talking about physically walking into the doors of church every Sunday; though that's part of it. For me, the challenge came when I think about where my mind is during my few hours in God's house. Am I there mentally? Do I find myself constantly distracted by those around me? Is my attitude one of willingness to learn? I can be sitting in those pews faithfully every time the doors are open but what good is it really, for my soul, if I don't let God do a work in me? How precious do I view the Living Word of God? How thankful am I that the Truth is spoken?

How serious am I about growing and using every tool graciously given to me to do so?!?!!?

1 comment:

  1. Aman to that! I like your thoughts.
    Love you and sorry to hear about your Great grandma.She in a better place.

    ReplyDelete