Wednesday, February 13, 2013

hometown happiness

 Monday we said goodbye to some wonderful friends of mine from Indiana! Jake & Melissa Tanner and Luke & Dani Furrer. We had a packed 5 days together! The more guests we have, the more I realize that there is a lot to do in the Denver area! I really appreciate the effort they made to come and see us...and for spending precious vacation time with us! It was wonderful to catch up with old girlfriends and to be with more young couples. Thanks guys for making the trip! We loved having you! (and you're welcome anytime!)

 Sophia getting "fresh" before the guests arrive. This little girl loves the water! (notice the little pot belly??!?!?)
 We visited a couple local tours...Celestial Seasonings and Coors. (Sophia couldn't go into the tea tour so I we stayed out and I didn't get any pictures. :(
 Big kettles! (in background)
 Ed and Boni graciously let us borrow their van for a ride up to Conifer to plat disc golf. (Boni also kept Sophia for us...it was the first time this momma left her baby for more than a couple hours! (I did ok...if you were wondering! And apparently, Sophie did too! Thanks Boni!))
 The course was a bit snowy...but it is such a beautiful hike!
 Dani and Mel
 Beautiful views as well...
 Luke found this "No Tresspassing" sign...ladies and gents, his wife is off limits!
 My studly disc golf winner!
 Free ice skating downtown! (skate rentals $2)
 Love is in the air!
 More love...
 And more love!
 How I loved being with you again!
 The group...minus Sophia who was sleeping contentedly in her stroller snug as a bug in a rug (the whole time!)
Ticket to Ride! I think Mel won the most!
 Bowling! Jake and Sophia...
 Luke and Dani... :)
 Sophia and Mel....no, Sophie wasn't spoiled at all while they were here ;)
So...Sunday. Dan's in a meeting and I have song practice. We send our dear guests home in the Jeep and I keep the car (Dan to get a ride). After practice I am getting ready to leave (Dan still in meeting) and I look out the church window at our car. My first thought, "Is that our car?" My second thought, "Our car has hub caps! (Rims!)" "Wait, why does our car have rims?!?!? Our car has never had rims in the three years of our marriage!" I make a comment to someone still at church. They don't know why we suddenly have rims either! Weeeeiiirrrrddddd. But I have to get home so I must drive said car. "Hmmm....what if I turn on the key and this thing explodes?!? Oh well, let's give it a try!" 
Sophia and I arrive home (safe and sound) and exclaim to our guests that our car has hub caps now!?!?! I then noticed some sly exchanges between the two parties..."WHY DOES OUR CAR HAVE RIMS?!?! WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO?!?!" I finally got it out of them. From the first time the guys saw the car (minus rims) they got it into their heads to get us some. When we sent them all home in our Jeep it provided the perfect chance for them to get them! 
The guys ended up picking up Dan from church....and his first thought was also, "Is that my car?!?!" We we both surprised! Thanks Luke and Jake for the surprise! Haha!

9 comments:

  1. oh wow....you guys look like you had a blast!! Isn't it wonderful when your little miss sophia is a perfect angel and sleeps while you get to have fun skating!! Luke and Jake are great friends to buy you hub caps:). Was waiting for this post:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and TTR......now I am extremely jealous. Guess I know who to have over for TTR in the future. So do you have a 6 player game??? Or did one of you always sit out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of us always sat out...but isn't there an expansion pack or something??

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I loved everything about this! & I already miss you guys & Colorado greatly!! We had such a wonderful time & can't wait to plan another trip! By the way, I know how tempting it is, but try not to blare you're rap music in your new "pimp-mobile" (: haha And yes, I do believe I won the most-woo hoo! Love you guys & thanks for having us! You're the best hosts ever!! (: -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! So sweet of them to come out and visit. You know who your true friends are for sure!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I had Jake look at your post about the trip and he was so excited to read what you wrote bout the car. His reaction- laughing as he says "Ghetto Rims" haha -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! What a surprise for you! HAHA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun! Both you and Mel took such great pics, hopefully I can get mine posted soon. Thanks so much for letting us impose on you! We had a blast!

    I loved the picture of us 3 ice skating:)
    Dani

    ReplyDelete