Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkeys and Ornaments

First off, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! There is much to be thankful for isn't there!?!?
We were blessed to have Grandpa and Grandma Leman, Jake, Shayne and Brady Fehr, Matthew and Kristy Moore, and Kristy's sister Erika for our Thanksgiving dinner. We had a lovely evening! Several of us played games 'til near midnight!

Post Thanksgiving comes Christmas music and decor! Dan and I were traveling to Colorado last December 25th and by the time we got settled, Christmas was long over and therefore, no Christmas decor was set up. I really enjoyed setting up our Christmas paraphernalia together this year!
I had forgotten about this little nativity set. It is from Haiti.
My Dad gave it to me last year. Every little piece was wrapped in banana leaves and tucked safely in the little coconut hut. A memento of my "other" home!
Our tree
We received this angel for our wedding. We decided it was a bit too large for our tree....
So it made its home on the mantle!

Tree pictures are hard. Here's an attempt!
Another wedding gift. I like how it has verses written on the characters. The verses correlate to where that particular character appears in the Bible.
Extra strands of white lights (wedding leftovers!) found their place too.
During the holidays, it is so easy to leave the real reason we're celebrating suffocating in the turkey, lights, ornaments, and new years resolutions. May we choose to remember and focus on the CHRIST that we are thankful for, indebted to, and reliant upon!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, so your mantle? In my head, on my imaginary mantle, that's how I have it decorated. With the greenery and ornaments. So if I ever live in a house with a real mantle, just know I did not steal your idea. Other than that this post gave me warm fuzzies. I love Thanksgiving/Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great christmas decorating! I hope to get my stuff up this week. Great job on already having presents under the tree! Your on top of it. Loveya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess, I love nativity sets! You keep posting about things I really like! They both are very unique which makes me like them even more!

    I love the tree- but the presents under it make me feel kind of guilty because I haven't even started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'll post my christmas decorations soon:). ALisha helped me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gifts aren't mine! Since my family left for Haiti THEY are the ones that are on top of it and had them ready to give us! They get the credit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing pictures of your home and the Christmas decorations!! Makes me feel closer than I really am:-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, it looks so cozy :)
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the decorating! You were always so good in that department:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it all looks so nice! Just love seeing it all

    ReplyDelete