Thursday, December 30, 2010

Haha...Oops!

Today I did some baking while Brady took his nap. All seemed normal.

Made some of these
And some of these...
When Shayne came in to pick Buster Brown (aka Brady) up, he said, "Mmm...smells good in here. Is that bread?" "Nope," I replied, "Just cookies. Take one if you want." They leave. I continue to write up my grocery list and prepare to go get them. As I near the stove...it feels warm. Hmmm. Then I smell bread! What in the world?!?!? So I open my oven door and find this:
That ladies and gents is pizza dough. Yep. A golden loaf of pizza dough! I had gotten it out of the freezer this morning in anticipation of pizza tonight. Since things raise better in warm environments I placed it in the oven, still warm from my cookies. After it cooled a bit I turned it on "only momentarily" to warm it back up. Well, Momentarily grew to more than a few moments. Just glad it was in a GLASS bowl not a plastic one! Looks like Dan and I will be having bread tonight! And I'll be off to make more pizza dough! And it was supposed to be so easy...

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it goes, you try to do something smart and then...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies sure look good. But the pizza dough?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess! Your cookies look great! Awesome pictures! I've def. lightly crusted my bread dough before with the oven. whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! That's so something I would do. I usually blame it on "mom brain," though...and since you were babysitting I guess you can too! :D

    SEE YOU SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete