Friday, January 14, 2011

Leman Christmas in the Mountains

As tradition would have it, the Lemans assemble in the mountains early January not only to celebrate Christmas, but to relax and enjoy each other. Here is a glimpse of our lovely time!

Tuesday: After skiing with Caleb & Erin at Copper, we headed to the cabin. Combined with the snow, this canyon made for quite the breathtaking drive!
Wednesday: While the guys went skiing, we ladies had a day to ourselves. It started like this...reading, lounging, and doing a puzzle....

To enjoying the view from the porch....
here....
To being silly....
To taking a trip to Aspen! We went to some little shops before ending up at this little cafe. Turns out, this gentleman needed someone to write/frost his wife's name on her $50 cake he bought. I happen to know someone who decorates cakes...ERIN! He ended up buying our lunch and dessert for the favor. Thanks for lunch Erin!
Yup, Beautiful! Mt. Sopros. I love Colorado.
Erin helping me make dinner Wednesday night.
Thursday, we went on a hike. It was a hike that commemorated 14 firefighters that lost their lives in a wildfire.
Note Jake's snowstashParts of the climb were a bit interesting due to the snow. Erin showing off her hiking skills.
After hiking we soaked our sore bodies in the hot springs! I've never been to these natural hot tubs before...let's just say I'd go back! There was two huge pools that were naturally heated by a hot spring. At the place where the water came in, it was something like 112 degrees! And that's after being cooled!

Joel and Kristi arrived Thursday night! So Friday, while the boys went disk golfing, the ladies again, hit the town! This time, Glenwood Springs! For the second time, we browsed little shops, bookstores, and tiny fabric stores. After mom treated us to lunch (no guy needed a cake decorator here!) we hopped down a few storefronts to another cafe to buy sweets! YUM!
Friday night, Grandpa and Grandma Leman arrived in time for supper and the family gift exchange. After some relaxing of course!
After gifts, of course some vocal and finger exercise had to be done!
Saturday found us winding our way homeward...
The drive wasn't disappointing!
Through the Glenwood Canyon...seriously, the engineering to make these roads is amazing!
We had such a wonderful time. Being all together is a special treat. And this year I was much more comfortable with everyone than I was last year! :) I'm blessed!

As for the gifts...Kristi got "Auntie Erin" and "Auntie Tess" these African purses....
Oh yeah, if ya'll didn't already know, I'm gonna be an AUNT! Joel and Kristi are gonna have a little one! :)

We draw names and Jake got my name...I'll admit I was kind worried about what I was gonna get...but I shouldn't have. He got me this amazing map of Haiti! Framed and all. It was extra special cause I've been missing Haiti a lot of late.
Part of our gift from Grandpa and Grandma L. More books to add to my collection!!
And of course a big thanks to Mom and Dad Leman for the wonderful cabin in the mountains! It was quite the pleasurable experience! :)

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time with the Leman family. Your scenic pictures are amazing. CO. is beautiful. But I do like my flat land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times!! I like your Haiti picture. It goes great with your other huge wall map and kinda your african style...I think thats how you decorate...at least your room at Aunt Joan's was that way. Congrats on becoming an aunt. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun, makes me think a little of our Fantastic TN getaway. Always nice to make fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...the cabin reminded me of TN;). Looks like you had a great time in the mountains. Love the picture update!!

    Congrats to aunt tess:). HOw fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will say we look quite dashing in our new hair dos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so a couple things...
    1. The scenery is AMAZING! Terribly jealous!
    2. Your new purse is super cute! Congrats on being and 'aunt'.
    3. You have a great collection of classics!

    Love your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, what is up with Jake in the hiking picture? Was he eating the snow?? I love the hair dos!!! Kary Mangers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how to sign in as you can see :). Kary

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete